Immigration Law

**Please note that we do not posses a Legal Aid License**

We provide a specialist immigration services for individuals and businesses all over the world.

Whether you are a looking for a job after graduation, family visa’s or a short stay visa.  We deal with many types of immigration law matters and help our clients fulfil their requirements for travelling to the UK.  Our multilingual solicitors provide a dedicated and tailored service to meet your needs. They offer advice in completing each requirement to make sure you are fully compliant with the UK’s immigration law.

Contact Us

Fill out the form below and a member of our expert team will contact you.


British citizenship can be required through three different means; naturalisation, registration, or acquisition.

Applying for British citizenship through naturalisation is made possible if you have reached the age of 18, and have been granted permission to reside in the United Kingdom as your permanent residence; When you apply for citizenship through naturalisation, you’ll need to:

1. Prove how long you’ve lived in the UK

2. Pass the Life in the UK Test

3. Prove you understand English

4. Check you’re of ‘good character’ – this means showing you haven’t recently broken the law.

5. Give the names of 2 people who can help prove your identity – these are called ‘referees’.

Applying for British citizenship through registration involves the process of registering as a British citizenship through entitlement or discretionary basis.

Applying for British citizenship through acquisition.

Short Stay Visas​

There are six types of short-stay visas:

  1. Business
  2. Leisure and Tourism
  3. Private Medical Treatment
  4. Child Visit
  5. Marriage Visitor
  6. Permitted Paid Engagement

Each category has its own rules and procedures. However, you can apply for a standard visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business, leisure or private medical treatment.  Under one of these three reasons, you can stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months. You are permitted to stay longer if you are coming to the UK for a medical treatment that will last up to 11 months. Or, if you are a university professor on sabbatical who is travelling to the UK to fulfil research purposes.

At Baker Hardman, our immigration law solicitors in Preston aim to advise you on the easiest route to obtaining your short-stay visa.

Family Visas​

There are a number of family visa categories currently available, and these include:

  1. Unmarried Partner Visa: Suitable for long-term partners of British citizens ultimately seeking to remain indefinitely in the United Kingdom;
  2. Proposed Civil partner: Suitable for engaged partners, intending to enter into a civil partnership or marriage within six months upon arrival in the United Kingdom;
  3. Adult Dependant: For adults that are dependent on relatives who are British citizens and reside in the United Kingdom;
  4. Children: Suitable for children under the age of 18 who are looking to settle with their parent(s) or a relative that may act as a guardian in the United Kingdom;
  5. Civil Partner’s Spouse: For spouses of British citizens. The goal is for them to join their husbands, wives, or civil partners in the United Kingdom.

After carefully assessing your situation, we can advise you on the best route to take.

Asylum/Human Rights

We can provide advice and representations if you are unable to return to your country of origin because you fear persecution or your life is in danger due to your beliefs, actions, social, cultural, religious or political situation in your country, for example, your gender, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our Human Rights Team can assist you in making an asylum claim, as well as represent you in Immigration and Asylum Tribunals.

If you wish to discuss your immigration law matter with our Immigration Law Team, get in touch today.

Immigration Fees

Type of Application Fees
Spousal Entry Clearance- Employed or Self Employed £750
Spousal Entry Clearance- Director £1,000
FLR M £750
FLR FP- Initial (Illegal) £1,500
FLR FP- Extension £750
FLR HRO £1,500
Set P £600
Set M £1,000
MN1 £600
NTL Applications £600
Visitor Applications- less than 6 months £500
Visitor Applications- 2 Years £800
Visitor Applications- 5 Years £800
Visitor Applications- 10 Years £800
Judicial Review £1,500
Naturalisation £750
Settlement-Refugee £750
Premium Service Additional £150
EU Applications
EEA Pre-Settled £600
EEA Settled Status £600
Please note the prices is not inclusive of VAT. Prices subject to change.
Portrait Of Smiling Man Relaxing On Sofa At Home

“The support you provided me was above and beyond anything I had previously received from my Union. It was your professionalism and the personal and effective responses which made a difficult time for me a lot more bearable.


Kameroon Brett

Baker Hardman's approach has been a little unique. Our experts really get to know the people we help.

Our Services are tailored to any situation and any client. We understand every case is different and therefore our legal services are dynamic; suiting your needs.